.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Transactional Communication Essay Example for Free

Transactional Communication Es governConversations They are talking simultaneously, each seeming to defy on a conversation with themselves more so than with each separate. She is talking fast, looking at the air, her draw gestures extravagant and facial expressions flamboyant. He is leaned back, sunken into the chair comfortably, talking lowly, nodding his head in agreement at regular intervals, his voice running alongside hers. She is excited. He looks amused. They sit close to each other in the corner of the caf. Sounds from conversations hum in the air rough them, the clinking and bustling of a lively caf a background to this conversation. Despite the multidimensional settingthe music playing in the speakers above, the couple to their leftover discussing baby names, the loud ring of the nearby teleph angiotensin converting enzyme and the even louder server who answered itthese two talk as if they were alone at home, as if none of the loudness existed. They are celebrati ng. Crumbled remains of a chocolate finagle cake occupy the table space they share, and two large mugs of coffee sit pushed to the side, ready to be taken away. This is where a server makes it big or loses off completely on a tip. conviction is a factor in everything, and as a server you have to be willing to dissever your time evenly among your tables so that you dont fall in the weeds later. If you see one of your tables finished with their plates and cups, its your job to pick it up, and fast. Its an opportunity to offer them anything else, and one more observe to make an impression, to make them like you. Theyve finished eating, and more importantly, shes just eaten chocolate cake. So I bustle over and say, Hey folks, can I get this out of your way? Smiling, of course. You have to smile. She looks up at me, blinking, cross, brow furrowed. He moves forward, sitting up aggressively, brow furrowing, What, man? Can I get this out of your way? I ask, cautiously, not sure what ju st happened here. I even lean in a little, my hands crossed behind my back so I look more servant-ly, less threatening. The irritability cracks. She laughs. He smiles goofily in relief. He shakes his head. She puts her hand over her eyes. We thought you said something else, they both seem to say at the same time. When they leave, I find my tipa measly $3under the saltshaker. Apparently, sound is a factor, too. The external part of it, all those peoples voices charging the air around us, music swirling in between conversation, me asking to clear the plates they thought I was hitting on her. Maybe I was jolly too much. But he must have that internal part of it, the voices in his head that signalize him shes cheating on him with every guy that sees her. Why is that, I wonder? They were having such a nice conversation, and then I got there, and everything changed. What were they talking about? Being a server is about the walk-to(prenominal) thing you can be to a fly on the wall. Th ey almost ignore you completely, until you buzz around them and ask if its okay to pick up their plates. Next time, I shouldnt say anything, I should just pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment